24-25 July 2017
Santa Sabina College, Strathfield NSW
Following a successful inaugural seminar in 2015 and a gigantic 2016 seminar, Richard Gill, Karen Carey and Andrew Batt-Rawden team up again to deliver another astounding compositional development experience for high school Music 1 and Music 2 students in years 8, 9, 10 and 11 with a choice of either Monday 24 July 2017, or Tuesday 25 July 2017. The workshop will run from 9am to 2:30pm.
The day has three core components:
- workshop/analysis of students' works
- analysis of two Australian works and one repertoire piece;
- Igor Stravinsky; The Soldier’s Tale (Trio version – 1920)
- Richard Grantham; The Lyrebird in my Piano (2014)
- Lisa Cheney; No Distant Place (2015)
- a performance and discussion other repertoire commissioned by Plexus, by both international and local composers.
A kit will be distributed on the day that includes; all student scores being played through, an educational guide to Stefan Cassomenos' work, scores of other works being performed and a guide to approaching their analysis.
Always love presenting this seminar with Richard and Karen!!!